Re: ITP dict-devil - The Devil's Dictionary

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 02:47:23PM -0500, Bob Hilliard <hilliard@debian.org> was heard to say:
>      This is "The Devil's Dictionary", by Ambrose Bierce, formatted
> for use by the dict client-sever suite.  "The Devil's Dictionary"
> consists of amusing, cynical, and irreverent alternate definitions of
> common words.  Since many definitions from "The Devil's Dictionary"
> are included in the fortune data base, most Debian users are familiar
> with this work.
>
>    If this package is included in your dictionary package list, you
> will occasionally lighten your day by getting an unexpected definition
> when you look up a word.
>
>      The test of "The Devil's Dictionary" is in the public domain; the
> formatting software is distributed under the GPL.

  Can this be adjusted for use with fortune?  I've got a fortune database of
it sitting around, but I couldn't find distribution information for it and
wasn't sure if it could be packaged or not..it sounds like the version
you have would definitely work, and getting Ambrose when I log in is
great :)

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                      Put no trust in cryptic comments.                      |