Re: do we have a potato box?

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:31:52AM -0800, Jim Lynch wrote:
> In general, you cannot upload to stable, unless (1) the package is essential,
> (2) the bug is very serious and (3) you have been given permission by the
> release manager. Generally, a release will -never- get new code.

OK... how serious is "serious"? This bug makes the program segfault upon
startup -- is that serious enough to justify uploading to stable? (The bug
appeared with the new XFree86 libraries in Potato r2.)

> However, there's nothing to say you cannot build the package and keep it
> on your own, maybe providing it to the person who filed the bug.

Actually, I was thinking of suggesting to the person to compile from the
woody sources (I suspect it does compile, and probably works better).
However, since this bug will affect all users of r2 who use the package,
I'd like to upload it to stable, if at all possible.

2+2=4. 2*2=4. 2^2=4. Therefore, +, *, and ^ are the same operation.