lintian warning: shlib-with-non-pic-code

Hello,

Can somebody please remind me what problems I might expect to get if I
were to upload this version (0.3d) of Heimdal?

E: heimdal-lib: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/libkrb5.so.14.0.0

The problem here is that libvers (containing nothing more then code to
print the version number) is compiled as a libtool convenience
library, and current versions of libtool seems to be buggy when
linking shared libraries with convenience libraries (it links the *.a
archive, containing the *.o objects).

So, is it worth making some sort of hackish patch just to fix this
problem? I would prefer not to make changes to upstream source unless
it is really required.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>