Re: Authentication via PGP certification authorities

Hi!

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 05:30:35PM +0100, Richard Atterer <richard@atterer.net> wrote...
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to get one's key signed by a Debian developer if that
> developer trusts a third party outside Debian, e.g. a PGP
> certification authority?

I do respect Heise's CA but for Debian-purposes a Developer should have
signed your key by meeting you face-to-face. The whole point here is the
"introduced by somebody" concept.
I doubt if anybody will sign your key just because it is signed by
a CA he respects. If somebody does so, I'd consider it a serious breach
of Debian's web of trust.

> I'd be grateful if some German developer were able to sign my key!

Your GnuPG key suggests you are studying in Munich. There are two developers
studying at the computer science at the TU (adrin@debian.org, weasel@debian.org)
and myself studing CS as well at the LMU. I'm sure something can be
arranged here.

# It's a small world. You never know where a Developer might be hiding.
# Another developer was living 100m from my place and one of my applicants
# discovered that a developer was living in the same street as him :-)

--

	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF