Re: argh - no perl...

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 11:29:31AM +0100, Petr Cech wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 11:17:16AM +0100 , Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I read about this problem before, but have been bitten tomorrow by it
> >  myself. After upgrading to current woody I'm stuck in the middle of
> >  the upgrade process without /usr/bin/perl.
>
> >  But I think both problems are not related to each other. The big
> >  question is how to solve the problem of the missing /usr/bin/perl "correctly"?
>
> ln -s /usr/bin/perl-5.6 /usr/bin/perl

I lost perl with all of the machines dist-upgrade in past week:

apt-get dist-upgrade  # this fails on debconf because perl is gone
dpkg --configure -a   # gets the job done (have to run twice in my case)

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039