Re: ITP plex86, if it complies to DFSG

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 08:25:22AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Well, we don't allow emulators without open-source ROMs into main,
> eg vice, the Commodore emulator, is in contrib and the description
> clearly indicates you must supply your own ROM. I don't see how
> plex is different -- it's an emulator which needs ROMs.

But the problem with vice isn't non-opensource ROMs, the problem is
non-distributable ROMs. If we could distribute the ROMs with vice,
then that would be more pertinent. Personally I wouldn't permit any
program part (be it ROM, png, wav or docs*) in main that wasn't editable,
but treatment of that is still an open question in Debian.

* As opposed to RFC's, standards, licenses and the like.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org