Re: How can I remove PAM from my system?

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:24:08PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> I wonder if there's some quick way to remove PAM totally from
> a woody box. (services work in traditional ways, not using PAM)
> I'm asking this for a system that doesn't need such security measures.

a) No you cannot remove it, because login and passwd ultimately use them
   anyway.

b) Since the default PAM configuration implements "normal" security measures
   I don't see how you can say you don't "need such security measures".
   IOW, the same measures would by default be in place with out without
   PAM. The only way you get more strict measures is by changing the
   default.

So what is it you are really trying to avoid?