Re: Announce: dvgrab, support for digital camcorders

Hi,

I'm am in the process of packaging broadcast for debian.
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=75400>

For this reason I have contacted Andreas Bombe
<andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de>, who is the upstream author of
libraw and offered him sponsorship for libraw. He agreed, .. that said,
libraw should not be a problem, I have an apt-getable archive at

deb ftp://xdv.org/pub/gige/debian unstable multimedia

and I am willing to take over libraw completely if the upstream author
doesn't want to become a debian developer.

libdv:
broadcast uses quicktime4linux
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=75401>
which in turn includes the source of libdv. I built it statically
into qt4linux, because it seems that it was changed a little bit.
If more packages depend on libdv we should investigate how to make a
dynamic library out of libdv.

Guenter