Kde font problem

Hi!

First of all, thanks a million for making the KDE2 desktop available in
woody. Great job!

But, I have a slight problem with the international characters being screwed
up in the menus. It seems to have no direct connection to anything, some
menus are OK and others aren't. I have installed the latest kdebase and
kde-i18n packages. The X system is version 4.0.1 with the fonts installed.
Anybody know what the heck is going on?

To be more specific, "ä" character is displayed "ä" and "ö" somewhat
similarly the last letter being something else.

In console the characters work fine, so the problem is more a pain in the
butt than a real problem.

If this is the wrong forum to discuss the matter, let me know!

Jaakko Kyrö, University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science
Pengerkatu 24 A 3
00500 Helsinki
tel. 040-5960945