Re: Build-Suggests?

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Quick question: is there such a field as a Build-suggests: ? One of the
> packages I'm maintaining (Smurf) has i18n support, but the build process
> does not *require* gettext -- it will support i18n if gettext is
> available, but it will compile just fine without it. [...]

Regardless of Build-suggests being a good idea or not (which is not, as
others have already said), please add i18n support to your package. We want
Debian to be as i18n as possible.

[ BTW: GNU packages usually include the .gmo binary files inside the
  source package, avoiding the need to build depend on gettext ].