Re: Intent To Split: netbase

On 17 Aug 2000, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> *Is* there significant effort needed from the maintainers?
>
> At least for the case of Exim, I suspect the effort reduces to a trivial
> edit of debian/control iff you accept that people installing more than one
> MTA have to create a sane configuration manually.
>
> And I suspect it's not really different for other MTAs.

debian/control is certainly the last item to be changed...

We need to setup and prioritize(defaults) diversions for at least
/usr/sbin/sendmail and /usr/lib/sendmail (FHS and compatability link)

I've not run any other MTAs, so I have no idea what other conflicts
(differing file formats/locations) there may be.

I'll be happy to do whatever is required for sendmail, but we also need
the assistance of (at least - any others?):
Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org>           exim
LaMont Jones <lamont@debian.org>      postfix
Remco van de Meent <remco@debian.org> zmailer
Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>          smail
--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon