Re: policy changes toward Non-Interactive installation

Brian May wrote:
> Just curious, why does realplayer have to do it in the postinst
> script?

Actually, I was misremembering -- it used to do that but I removed it.

> As another example though, look at heimdal-kdc, which needs to ask for
> the password, which must be kept as secure as possible.

I think we decided it was woth it from a paranoia standpoint to ask for
this passowrd in the same program that used it. Debconf should handle
passwords safely though.

--
see shy jo