Re: Bochs / VGA-Bios license question / freebios anyone?

Ulrich Eckhardt <Doomster@knuut.de> writes:

> On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> > As Goswin mentioned earlier it's also possible to use bochs with some
> > other bios
> [snip]
>
> I´m not sure if this even touches this discussion but what about using the bios
> that is already present on most computers?
> Wouldn´t that reduce the dependencies to nil?

If you tell me how to read that and how to make simulate the same
hardware it runs on down to the last bit.

If the user has a PII-X ide controler you must emulate that, if he has
a Promise ide controler, you must emulate that. Now way.

MfG
        Goswin