Re: potato missing /dev's

In article <[🔎] 20000129092150.Q25528@justice.loyola.edu> you wrote:

> Why not stick it in lib and link it to dev? It's not really mean to be
> run from the path in most cases.

The FHS suggests that superuser executables like this belong in /sbin.  I
personally like having all the sbin's in my PATH all the time, but since our
default is to ship with them not in normal user paths... *and* since it's
all upper-case and unlikely to be tripped over by an errant command completion,
even if it is in the PATH, I see no reason to move it.

Bdale