Re: deluser ?

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 08:46:10PM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> Anyway, I think I missed part of the problem. userdel seems to reverse most
> of the effect of adduser (for example the group is removed as I just
> noticed) but I don't think this is a valid reason for not including another
> helpful script in Debian.

You're right, userdel removes the group, home and mailspool (last 2 if run
with -r). But I had the intention with deluser to provide something more user
friendly where a lot of features could be added. E.g. you could add removing
the entry in smbpasswd if the user is deleted and smbpasswd exists, etc.
Features like tar-ing and removing files in /var and / (root) owned by the
user to be remove are already implemented and can be enabled by setting a
parameter.

Adduser is a more userfriendly and in a way more powerful variant of useradd,
and I think it'd be nice to have something like this the other way round.

Greetings, Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt -- Freiberger Str. 17, 28215 Bremen, Germany
phone: +49 421 3762382, e-mail: roland@copyleft.de, http://roland.inbremen.net

Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a GNU generation