Re: Cowpland FreeOS interview: "Corel to develop its own distribu tion"

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 11:30:14AM -0800, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> So, what we have here is really boorish behavior that leaves me with
> feeling a bit negatively about Corel, but they are not (in my mind)
> really "playing foul".  Just ill-mannered and ungrateful.

That's exactly what I meant to say ;-).

It just strikes me odd that they indeed *give* attribution to Debian in
their advertisments, something they're not obliged to, but on the
other hand, at this point, where it won't hurt much to tell the whole story
praising their good relations to the open source community with Debian
as example, they're using a Reality Distortion Field(tm) and make it look
like they re-invented the wheel.

I mean isn't Corel the prime example for "adopting or embracing an existing
one [distribution]" instead of "develop its own" ?

Nobody says they have to attribute Debian, but what had happend if the
interviewer had asked him why they invented Linux ? ;-)

    Gregor