Re: X and root [Re: Potato "testing"]

does anyone know how to correct this problem:
when my laptop "dell inspiron 7000" boot up with my
3com network card in it i get the message:
"3c575_cm: request io out of resource"

I am trying to connect to a network and i cant pick up
my network card.

Tim Ryder
debian@jawse.net
tim@freeride.com

--- "Alexander N. Benner" <Nikodemus@innocent.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ship's Log, Lt. Ruud de Rooij, Stardate 200100.1618:
> > > HOME=/home/ken xappname
> > >
> > > So it can find the Xauthority.
> >
> > Actually, it's probably cleaner to simply do
> >
> > XAUTHORITY=/home/someone/.Xauthority
>
> or just use sudo which let's these env. untouched.
> (which I would suggest anyway as a clearer and more
> flexibel way to share
> different rights)
>
> Greetings
> --
> Alexander N. Benner - Nikodemus@innocent.com -
> EXODUS 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
>  The Nazis gased 6.000.000 Jews; a fact everyone is
> aware of and disconcerted.
>  But do you know that the Federal Republic of
> Germany aborted about 10.000.000
> babies since 1945, currently 1000 babies are killed
> in German clinics each day.
>    World wide at least 30.000.000 babies are killed
> annually - 1 per SECOND !
>

> --

=====
Tim Ryder