Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

    Robert> Hello, I think TeX and Emacs should no longer be
    Robert> standard. The purpose of this message is to build a

    <snip>

    Robert> My reasoning is a large number of Debian users have no use
    Robert> for these subsystems, therefore they should be add-ons
    Robert> instead of default infrastructure.

    <snip>

I may agree with you or not. But surely I dis-agree with your reasoning.
(I've read the thread. and got frustrated on it.)

If I haven't met (X)Emacs, I wouldn't know I would *love* them so much.

The question is *How can I meet them?*

Gnu is a way, Debian is another. I believe when the kind folks set this
up, they considered Debian as a stand point for something.

And,
If the user would decide everything, like what a developer should do
for them, that is in Windows, not in Debian, IMHO.

For quite some time, a lot of users surely feel something other then
GNU/Debian/Linux/Hurd were their favorites, when concerning ease of use
(to them), or something (to them users), then what will happening at that
time with the reasoning like yours? And what will happen afterwards?

No intents to offense. And sorry for my English. And I may agree with
you or not to move emacs out of standard. And I'm not an official Debian
developer. But I disagree with your reasoning here. definitely.

P.s I use Vim for about half and a year. I just shift to Emacs for less
then two months. And I began to use LaTex. I could easily shift to Windows,
or something else, because there's Ads, m*** peoples' words every where.
(I just use vim bacsues a *lot* of people saying it's easier, while
now I consider it is not.) The unfair thing is that how could a user
know Emacs? Or, Tex. Just from the lonely GNU??

Say sorry again. No intent to offense. again. And I respect you Debian
developers.

I just love Emacs. And I think the words take so long a way to get me
that Emacs is it!

Still I may agree with you to move it out of standard, but think your
reasoning is wrong, and the thread made me so frustrated.

--
zhaoway -=- zw * zhaoway.com -=- http://www.zhaoway.com/ -=- blue ribbon
GnuPG 1024D/7C0441F2  BF4F B39D A53E A9BB 1057  2364 652C 1BA6 7C04 41F2