Re: Switched d-i boot screens to use the new emerald theme

Hi,

First off, Juliette: what a marvellous job, again!

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2023-02-17):
> @Juliette: I've tweaked the size and positioning of the "debian 12"
> logo a little from what I found in your git repo. I hope you're ok
> with this! :-)
>
> Reference screenshots at
>
>   https://www.einval.com/~steve/tmp/bookworm/2/

While this isn't immediately obvious with those nice screenshots, the
first line is slightly buggy. Having a menu bar or a window decoration
with a slightly darker theme makes it more apparent:
  https://people.debian.org/~kibi/di-emerald/la-gazza-bugga.png

I've papered over this issue by extending the “background” a little in the
SVG file (it got: transform="matrix(1,0,0,1.002021,0,-0.98119011)">), and
that seems to fix the issue I was seeing.

Before/after PNG and SVG files can be found at:
  https://people.debian.org/~kibi/di-emerald/

It slightly changes the rendering of other elements, but I've only
noticed it because I was working with a ×4 zoom and flipping back and
forth real fast between images… Hopefully that's not breaking the nice
design in horrible ways!

If someone wants or needs to tweak this further, the file lives at:
  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/blob/master/build/boot/artwork/12-emerald/emerald.svg

Thanks again, Juliette!

Cheers,