Re: Debian Pure Blend - Desktop

On Sun, 2022-07-03 at 10:37 +0000, Stefan Kropp wrote:

> I think it would be nice to work on Debian Desktop as Pure Blend
> along with Debian Junior. I think both uses cases have a big
> similarity.

The existing Debian desktop meta-packages and install images are
defined by the Debian Installer Team in the tasksel source package and
the live images are defined by the Debian Live Team in the live-tasks
source packages.

I don't think that Debian needs two separate desktop definitions
maintained by separate teams. I think that the two existing teams would
welcome help working on the existing desktop meta-packages and images.
I think that if you want the two existing teams to drop their desktop
definitions so that a new team can maintain them, then consulting those
teams early would be the way to go.

PS: please note, currently there are no live images for bookworm,
so if you care about live images, please offer to help revive them.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise