Re: Which team is best for team-maintaining libepoxy package ?

On 16/10/2018 22:05, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 16.10.18 um 22:01 schrieb Michael Biebl:
>>>
>>> I guess we've been using https://salsa.debian.org/utopia-team for
>>> cross-desktop stuff.
>>>
>>> It might make sense to merge that team with
>>> https://salsa.debian.org/freedesktop-team even if much of the Utopia
>>> stuff isn't actually hosted on freedesktop.org .
>>>
>>> I only recently realized that the Utopia team's name derives from
>>> Project Utopia, an initiative which hasn't been around for several
>>> years.
>>
>> This is correct. The utopia name mainly has nostalgic value (it was
>> relevant when hal still was a thing) but does not actually describe any
>> current efforts.
>> That said, it's also very unspecific, which makes it useful as an
>> umbrella if a thing is not strictly GNOME, fdo, ... specific.
>
> Fwiw, I wouldn't mind if pkg-fdo and pkg-utopia would be merged (but I
> don't have a good suggestion for a different name).
> pkg-fdo afaics is pretty much dormant at this point, whereas pkg-utopia
> is still actively used for stuff like dbus, network-manager, udisks,
> upower, etc.

There are a few things actively maintained in freedesktop-team, e.g. poppler,
fontconfig, geoclue, desktop-file-utils... (FSVO active, given some of these
only receive seldom updates upstream).

But I would be happy if these two were merged.

As for libepoxy, it could go in utopia-team, or even in xorg-team.

Cheers,
Emilio