Re: Filing a bug report regarding an issue with Debian 9 Streatch UltraWide moniotrs aspect ratio 21:9

Hi Damien,

Le 7 septembre 2017 23:29:23 GMT+02:00, DM <skyguide.base@protonmail.com> a écrit :
>Hello Debian desktop  suers.... I am a happy Dabian 9 user. I would
>like to report an issue I am experiencing. In the past I used a package
>'reportbug' to report bugs, but by design, I have to identify what
>package the issue is related to.

Thank you for taking the time to report the bug and make Debian better !

>I am not sure exactly what may be the cause of the issue, and I am
>reaching out to you for help to identify what part of Debian might be
>causing this issue.
>
>The issue:  I am using a second monitor (external monitor connected via
>a displayport - LG 29UM57-P). External monitor connected to my laptop -
>Lenovo T420.
>External monitor does not display video at the desired resolution and
>the aspect ratio.
>
>Currently maximum displayed resolution - 1920 x 1080
>Currently maximum aspect ratio - 16:9
>
>Expected resolution - 2560 x 1080
>Expected ratio - 21:9

It looks like a display driver bug to me.
You didn't mention your video card / display driver, is it an integrated Intel chip ?
Then xserver-xorg-video-intel would be a good candidate.

The best would be if you could have a look at the upstream bug tracker and see if your problem isn't already tracked there and if not open a bug there directly.
The xorg wiki has a "reporting problems" section here :
https://www.x.org/wiki/

Opening a bug in Debian too is a good idea in order to track the issue in the BTS and link it to the upstream bug report.

Happy hacking !
--Aurélien