Re: Window not moved to front when opening text document

Do you have the same problem when opening other files, for example pictures? If you do, it might be that you have set Nautilus to be always on top. "Always on top" is set in the menu that opens when you click the window's title bar with secondary mouse button. See this image for menu reference (Gnome on left):  https://spin.atomicobject.com/wp-content/uploads/always-on-top-gnome-kde.png. It is my understanding that the setting doesn't persist if the window is closed, so you can test this just by closing and re-opening Nautilus.

Ystävällisin terveisin, | Yours sincerely,
Mikko Nurminen

Can anyone help solve this issue?

When I use Nautilus to open a text file, the text file gets opened in the background. That is, the Nautilus window stays in the foreground and the text file is opened in the background inside a new tab in the Gedit window.

How do I make the Gedit window move into the foreground whenever a new file is opened?