Re: IMPORTANT: Do live Debian images have a future?

Hi,

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:08:21 +0100
Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> While the bugs are annoying, what worries me more is that they were
> only spotted in release builds. There had been testing versions of
> live images available for multiple weeks beforehand, presumably with
> the same bugs included. (Almost) none of them reported. This shows
> that we don't have enough people using these live images and/or caring
> about filing bugs.

 It's hard, so hard. Because most of users don't use it until it is
 "Released" - Released, then complain about it (of course, there is
 an exception, but... ;)

 So, we should consider "automated testing", IMO.
 openSUSE people uses "openQA" suite, that seems to be useful.
 http://open.qa/
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K6ZmvIOtPw

 If we can put it into Debian, CI for live image would be easy.
 Some of components are already in Debian (that I did), but not all of
 them. Still working on it, I'll try my best.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane