Re: Re: Migrating the debian-desktop repository to git

Hi,

Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> (2017-07-24):
> On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 08:47 +0200, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:
> > With my brand new knowledge of the available tools, I’d go for the following
> > workflow :
> > - Iterate on :
> >   o  commit and push changes without touching d/changelog
> > - When ready to push a package, from a clean git tree :
> >   o  gbp dch -R
> >   o  Review/fix changelog
> >   o  git commit -a -m "Prepare for $version release"
> >   o  gbp buildpackage --git-tag
> >   o  if the built package works, push the changes
> >   o  otherwise reset --hard HEAD to commit before dch, fix, rinse and repeat
> >
> > I’m interesting to know if there are even more automated tools, like doing
> > the
> > dch commit with a predictable message :) or others.
>
> I usually commit with debcommit, so I do the changelog edit at the same time.
> Not sure how other teams do though. I'm not really familiar with gbp workflow
> either.

FWIW we're also doing changelog edits along with the actual changes on the
debian-boot@ side, and debcommit -a (plus -e or git commit --amend) works
just fine; plus there's no special magic when release time comes. Just
dch -r, done. (Worked also fine for debian-x@.)

KiBi.