Re: IMPORTANT: Do live Debian images have a future?

On 06/27/2017 11:53 PM, Michael . wrote:
> Charles, let me clear up a couple of misconceptions for you. Debian Live
> (made with Live Wrapper) is an official Debian project. Live Build (the
> old Debian Live) apparently wasn't official but was recognised by Debian
> for its official images. Live Build is now officially part of Debian

Hum... You also have some misunderstanding here. Live-build has been
packaged in Debian, and fully part of Debian for *years* (well before
Raphael worked on it).

What changed is that, since Daniel Baumann doesn't build the live images
anymore (let's not go into details why this happened), Steve does it at
the same time as other Debian images. It's now included in a single
process of building images.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)