Re: In Stretch, Gnome ignores umask setting in ~/.profile

As far as I remember, umask can be set in /etc/login.defs and is handled by pam.

2017-06-24 03:10, gwmfms6@openmailbox.org пишет:
Due to a bug in Gnome 3.22 (used in Stretch), I've had to revert back to using Jessie.

In Stretch (with Gnome 3.22), Gnome ignores the umask setting found in ~/.profile. The umask used by gnome results in all files created with rw-r--r--, which means everything is readable by everyone.

This means I cannot run the OS with Gnome as this situation is unacceptable.

Does anybody know a work around for this? Or is this bug likely to be fixed? My alternatives would seem to be to use a different DE or continue to use Jessie.