Re: desktop-base 9.0.0 MIGRATED to testing

Le 14 janvier 2017 18:44:49 GMT+01:00, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> a écrit :
>On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 04:39:21PM +0000, Debian testing watch wrote:
>> FYI: The status of the desktop-base source package
>> in Debian's testing distribution has changed.
>>
>>   Previous version: 8.0.2
>>   Current version:  9.0.0
>
>yay!
>
>I'd be glad to sponsor the 9.0.1 upload if you think it's ready.

More yay !

I'd like to cram a few more fixes before next upload. On my todo list :
- the plymouth fsck misalignment you reported, fix is ready but I need to test it ;
- the plymouth multi-screen issue you reported that I need to understand (didn't have the hardware for in the last few days) ;
- #833529 [0] looks simple enough that I'd like to include it as time permits. I don't want to do it manually though, so refreshing my rusted makefile skills.

Also while extremely unlikely or even impossible, we may still get more bugs due to the additional exposure following testing migration. :-P

We should still target the window for automatic migration to stretch without missing the slot or bothering the release team.
Let's target 23/01 maximum so we have 2 full weeks before the final freeze.
I'll ping you when these changes are ready, but if I don't please review and upload 9.0.1 around 23/01. SVN is in a releasable state with already 3 more pending fixes in HEAD [1].

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=833529
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=no&pend-inc=pending-fixed&pend-inc=fixed&repeatmerged=no&src=desktop-base

Cheers,
--Aurélien