Re: Default theme for Stretch

Le mardi 1 novembre 2016, 19:00:09 CET Cyril Brulebois a écrit :
> Aurélien COUDERC <zecoucou@free.fr> (2016-11-01):
> > Le 1 novembre 2016 14:17:33 GMT+01:00, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> a écrit :
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2016-10-29):
> > >(for
> > >package?
> > >
> > >Oh I totally forgot we still have those in src:debian-installer:
> > >./build/boot/x86/pics/lines.svg
> > >./build/boot/kfreebsd/pics/lines-kbsd.svg
> > >./build/boot/hurd/pics/lines-hurd.svg
> > >
> > >Feel free to point me to the latest version of the relevant file(s), or
> > >to propose a patch. ;-)
> >
> > Sure I'll have a look. :-)
>
> Perfect, thanks!
>
> I'm wondering whether it would make sense to have some kind of todo list
> for new desktop themes, with a list of packages needing an update. Maybe
> that exists already? (I remembered this one by accident, while booting
> up d-i and noticing that was still the old theme.)
>
> > It's the background for the isolinux bootmenu, right ?
>
> Exactly. :)

Is there any currently meaningful restriction remaining on the images color palette / depth for these different elements (rootskel-gtk, debian-installer) ?
The wiki for the Debian theme proposals requirements mentions complicated things like :
- Isolinux: 640x300px, 4bit color depth (means: 16 colors). View Make Sys Image.
- Syslinux: 640x300px, 16bit color depth (means: 65,536 colors), in PNG format.
- Debian Installer
      A picture with 800x75px, 16bit (65536 colors).

But looking at recent packages, the PNG are just generated with rsvg-convert that produces plain 24-bit images.
A quick look at the iso boot menu or debian installer banner gradients tells that it’s not 16 bit / 65536 colors.

Can you confirm we don’t need to keep these restrictions so we can update the requirements ?

Thanks,
--Aurélien