Call for Stretch artwork proposals

Hi,

This is the official call for proposals for the Stretch cycle. Please
look on the wiki[1].  At the same time, we would like to thank Juliette
Taka BELIN for doing the Lines theme for Jessie[2]. :)

So, if you would like (or know someone who would like) to create a
desktop look and feel that will be seen by trillions[3] of people, be
sure to send in your artwork ASAP!

     Deadline for submissions: 5th of September 2016

The artwork is usually picked based on which theme looks the most:

  - "Debian"

     (I am not defining this since I think everyone has their own take
      of what Debian means to them)

  - plausible to integrate without patching core software

      (As much as we love some of the insanely hot looking themes, some
       would require heavy GTK+ theming and patching GDM/GNOME.)

  - clean / well designed

      (without becoming something that gets annoying to look at a
       year down the road.  Examples include Joy and Lines)

For more information / details, please post to the Debian Desktop[4]
list, I will set the reply-to, if others want to continue this thread
there.

Thanks,
~Niels

PS: Also a thanks to Paul Tagliamonte, who coordinated the artwork for
Jessie. :)

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Artwork/Stretch
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Lines
[3]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vohNUTTx3A