Re: task-mate-dsktop package ?

HI Ghis,

On  Fr 18 Jul 2014 15:01:09 CEST, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:

First of all, congrats for packaging MATE for Debian. Are you guys
considering putting together a task package, which would install some of
the necessary packages alongside MATE to provide a full desktop experience
(web-browser, network-manager, session-manager...) ?

Keep up the good work,

Ghis

Thanks for bringing this up. Never done that. If you are available for helping out with that, I'd be glad.

If not, can you provide more info (or a template package of another DE) that will guide me along that task-package task?

Thanks,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

Having a quick look at it, it seems that one should follow the guidelines written
in here: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Tasks

Maybe we could seek for advice / help from the desktop team, which I have now cc'd.
Besides, the MATE user community may want to agree first on which packages to be
installed within the mate-desktop task.

I'd be happy to have a go at producing the task package, but I'd probably need a fair bit
of hand holding for the beginning.

Ghis