GDM / GNOME shell theming

Hi,

I was trying to add ready-to-configure GNOME wallpapers for the Lines
theme, and I stumbled on the fact the design of the login screen and
screensaver has radically changed. We still have a default background,
but there is no specific background for the display manager. The
background when you type your password is always black. However, there
is a “shield” that falls on the screen in both the screensaver and the
login screen. On this shield there is a big clock, and you receive
notifications:
<https://afaikblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/lock-screen.png>

Now I’m sorry to say that to Juliette, but I’m afraid we don’t have a
good picture for that screen. I tried using login-background.svg, but
the “debian 8” text goes under the notifications, which is a hindrance
to readability.

Ideally the background for this screen should be:
      * a bit more funky and eye-catching than the regular background,
        because it doesn’t have to be boring enough to work on top of it
      * without any text under the top bar, the clock and the
        notifications

Currently I’m tempted to either keep the upstream background
<https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-backgrounds/plain/backgrounds/adwaita-lock.jpg?h=gnome-3-14> or to play around by moving the elements in login-background.svg. Can Juliette or another of our awesome designers come up with an idea?

Thanks in advance!
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :