Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy

Hiya !

I updated the sources of Joy theme. As usual, you can find them on the wiki
page [1].

As usual, the svg files contain inkscape meta-data and have to be open with
inkscape.

The archive holds :
- All Installer banners that have been made. some with free font, and other
with the non-free Debian font.
- Syslinux and Isolinux background
- Grub background
- Backgrounds at resolutions 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x1024, 1366x768,
1600x1200, 1920x1080x 1920x1200. The original backgrounds with only the Debian
logo on it.
- kdm/gdm/plymouth backgrounds at resolutions 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x1024,
1366x768, 1600x1200, 1920x1080x 1920x1200. These backgrounds are made from the
inksplat proposal.

So when the user logins, the ink splats will disappear leading to the usual
background.

Plymouth theme needs to be remade. I wanted something simple to code and to
display. But I want a aesthetic link between plymouth and gdm/kdm, so the
inksplat background will be used for plymouth. What I have in mind is to start
with an empty blue background, then display with fade in the inksplats one by
one, and the logo at last. This fades in should last, let's say, 6 seconds. If
inksplats fade in and out.

In addition, I saw that some inksplats background I've made for the KDE team
had some splats-centering problems. This has been corrected.

Cordially,

Adrien

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Joy