Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy

Hi Stefano,

thank you for the explanation. In my opinion it was important an helps a
lot to limit frustration.

Unfortionally it looks like I joined the desktop list just to late. I
didn't learn that there was nobody caring for the voting process until
Paul stepped in.

I joined the desktop-list because I saw the call for artworks on debian
news and thought it would be great be involved in the realisation of the
new look and feel of the next debain release.

If I knew right away I might have tried to step in to help with it. (On
the other hand I'm possibly not very qualified since I know little about
the whole process and who is involved in different ways.)

I completely agree that it should be coordinated much better next time
and that it is absolutely necessary to remember what happened to avoid
the same issue with the next release.

Since I can't ensure, that I will be around then because it will be
years in the future, I strongly suggest to place two notes on the
wiki-page:

1) Tell (very shortly) what happened.

2) Suggest publishing the responsible people for the process (directly
on the wiki page) next time and state that the same thing might happen
again if nobody is prepared to volunteer for this tasks. (It might help
as well to publish a timetable with deadlines for the necessary steps.)

I could try to write something like that - if the members of this list
agree on that...

Best
Franz