Re: New artwork for Wheezy

Am 16.04.2012 14:06, schrieb Victor Nitu:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/journey

The GRUB theme is just wonderful! Quick question: what it will happen
if list items stretch to more than list's height? I haven't applied
the theme on my machine to check for myself though :-)

You will get a scrollbar. Of course. ;-)
Thank you for the quick feedback!

It really took me some time to make the Grub2 theme look like the Plymouth theme.

Unfortunately it seems that the look of the GDM3 greeter can not be adapted (at least from userspace). Only the wallpaper can be changed. But the Gnome developers are already working on a new greeter (1) so maybe we will see something like this in Wheezy.

At the moment I am thinking about changing the KDM login window to look like the Grub2 and Plymouth theme. But as the round black box was clearly inspired by Gnome 3 I am not sure if this is such a good idea. Maybe I better come up with something else?

regards
Ulrich

(1) http://people.gnome.org/~halfline/shell-login-with-onscreen-keyboard.ogg

PS:
@all
I am sorry about the double post. It took around 40 minutes for the mail to appear. Obviously I wasn't patient enough.