Re: Debian artwork for Wheezy

Hello,

> > The page has existed[1] for some time[2]. We need to get a call lists
> > for topics related to graphics work with free software.
> >
> > If someone help me write this call, could make a list of lists that we
> > can disclose.
> >
> > [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Artwork/Wheezy
> > [2] 2010-11-14 11:24:33

I like the Free Typography one, but could we not have all that donated by a larger company's artists for us? Anybody knowing someone at Pixar/Disney? After all the promotion we have done for Toy Story they may be somewhat emotionally touched and go for it. Take Disney as a metaphor here, please. Any bigger institution with a graphics department could help out. If CUDA and OpenCL are dominating technologies for this release, I could imagine NVidia to help out with something. AMD is catching up, but for ages NVidia's drivers work so nicely with Debian and its kernels, they certainly care for details. And with all the graphics they have everywhere, they might not mind to give us a boost - for Free. Also Intel comes to mind ... for so many also very graphical Open Source activities on Linux and Debian with it.

> > Citando Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org>:

And it is something that some users are far better in creating than the developer side of us. To grant some larger corporation the opportunity to contribute to such a prominent part of Debian may be well perceived by many, e.g. as indicative for the backing of our work by that firm. Should others then complain about not having been asked, we all know there will be a next release.

Best,

Steffen