Re: GUI Applications slow after dist-upgrade

On 10/14/11 18:29, Sanjoy Das wrote:
Hi!

After a recent dist-upgrade, some GUI applications on my system have
become unacceptably slow and choppy.  This is unlikely to be GPU
problem since I can still play HD videos and use GPU-heavy
applications like projectM without trouble.

Is anyone facing similar issues?  My primary problem is that I cannot
isolate the issue to a specific subsystem (so that I can file a bug
report).

I am on an Intel Core i7 and nVidia 9500GT.

Thanks!
It sounds like a graphics problem, while playing videos you use extensively the XV extension of the graphics hardware/drivers. What do you mean by 'some', can you place some examples?