Re: variation of SpaceFun

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Valessio Brito
<contato@valessiobrito.info> wrote:
> I created this: http://valessiobrito.info/projetos/debian/squeeze/nebula/
>
> but as I'm at the end of the semester at the University ... I am not
> much time to have a whole new work.

And there isn't time to have an entire new vote. No one voted for your
variation, so you can't just replace the one people voted for.

> Only I'm sure many other people are enjoying it, I'm very positive
> feedback by Identi.ca/Twitter/Mail.

There are four wheels on a wagon, but the only one you usually notice
is the squeaky one. It is a nice work.

>> Hi Valessio, hi everyone!
>>
>> while I appreciate the art work that was done in preparation for squeeze, I
>> honestly think SpaceFun does not make a good default theme in it's current
>> state. It certainly is nice art work, but it is too "childish" and playful for a
>> serious OS, that Debian tries to be.
>> From discussions with fellow DDs I know that I'm by far not the only one with
>> that concern.

And I have a concern with why libfprint from removed from squeeze, but
just because I hang out on debian-desktop doesn't mean the people who
actually do the work on the fingeprint software have to listen to me.

>> Instead of beating a dead horse, and question everything that was done, I'd
>> instead ask you, to provide a refined version of SpaceFun.
>> Keeping the globe and the swirl/rocket seems fine to me, but could you prepare a
>> version where the stars are removed/replaced by something more subtle, please,
>> and put it up on the wiki for review?

Sorry, but your suggestion does question everything that was done. Be
sure to share your input in time for Wheezy.
.
>> P.S: Please CC on replies

No. If you can't be bothered to subscribe to the desktop list I have a
hard time taking your "concern" seriously.

Best,
AM