Re: Squeeze Artwork: selection of default theme

Hello everybody,

First of all I would like to thank all the artist for their incredibly
work, all the themes are awesome and how we all vote comes more as
personal preference. In case you don't get voted for, please let this
not discourage you and please take part in designing themes for Wheezy
(7.0).

I would like to give my votes to:

1. Ciel

Mostly because it's so clean and smooth, IMHO would perfectly fit in
both professional and private environments. I like color balance,
mixture of blue and gray.

Even tho there are things I would change with it, for example icons?
Faenza maybe? But
then again I think using murrine is a great idea. In the end it just
looks really polished.

2.

SpaceFun

I love this theme because it's just so much fun :)

Reason its fun could also be its drawback since it might be "too much
fun" for professional environments, again I may be wrong because most
people could use some fun at their work place :)

I especially love the "Faenza" icon theme which I tried pushing into
Debian, but didn't make it because apparently it's not working right
on KDE.

In general I like everything about it except the Equinox as
Metacity and GTK, I think it would look much better with same concept
on Elementary Mod which I personally use: http://bit.ly/aZJLTp

I would even dare to say most effort was put into this theme, and this
theme has all the elements.

3.

lisp-machine

Now, if both Ciel or SpaceFun can't be chosen because they want to use
Murrine/Equinox for stability reasons, then obvious choice is to go
with is this theme.

However, in case this theme is chosen a lot of work should be done on
it, since it looks great but unfortunately it just looks unfinished
right now. This might be because it entered this whole contests last.

Personally I do believe we should go with alternatives for GTK such as
Murrine/Equinox/Elementary instead of just using "defaults"", in case
this was done changes wouldn't be that drastic, and in reality Debian
wouldn't move that much from "standards".

Maybe even mixture of all these themes could only make a perfect theme.

Adnan