Re: [Fwd: Re: Debian Ciel -- A Theme Proposal for Squeeze]

@Michael: The current vanilla Gnome icon theme (and for all things GTK IIRC)
has brown icons which don't fit with my theme proposal (IMHO). I also dislike
those new white navigation icons they chose (look at Nautilus):

http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.32/figures/gnome-2-32.png.en_GB

Tango has very nice light blue folders which fit Ciel very well. Also, it's really colourful.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/debian-ciel?action="">

Gnome brave is a nice icon theme, but I've found it a tid bit darker and not as cute
and light as Tango. However, the theme has a proper red Debian icon on the start menu.
I've found the theme a bit too blue (look at the navigation icons in Nautilus), so I changed
my proposal to Tango.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3079/basicc.png

@Joesslin: My icon theme is just 1 icon (the Debian logo) and I wouldn't even have
made it, it's just that Tango uses a pair of blue feet as the start menu icon
(start-here.png). Other than that, there's no customization whatsoever and the theme
just inherits Tango, while having the same set of sizes for the Debian icon. GTK also always
falls back on the standard gnome icon theme, as well as the hicolor icons and the pixmaps
folder (AFAIK). That's GTK's way of making sure it has all the icons.
The icon theme will be in the SVN tomorrow. Got uni stuff now, so couldn't do it today.

Hope that cleared things up a little :)

On 20 October 2010 00:17, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
Le mercredi 20 octobre 2010 à 00:09 +0200, Michael Banck a écrit :
> Can you summarize what the difference between the currently used icon
> theme, the Tango! theme and gnome-brave is?  Is gnome-brave a
> color-modified version of tango?
>
> I guess the Tango icons are very well established and should be less of
> a problem to use (though I was under the impression that the current
> icon theme was actually tango already)

My personal experience with icon themes is that it takes a long while to
ensure that all icons have a similar look, and that no icon inherited
from another theme will look bad along with them. It doesn’t look
interesting to me to switch an icon theme just to have blue folder icons
that don’t look nice with other ones.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette