Re: Debian squeeze theme: dead in the water?

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:

> Imho it's not a good idea to have the theme ready too soon, especially
> when we don't know when the release will be, and the theme might “wear
> out”.

I thought about re-uploading the package every few months, changing
the theme, but that would be kinda silly.

What about if the theme for testing/wheezy changed randomly on reboot
between candidates for the final wheezy theme?

Or if the CUT proposals go ahead, each snapshot could contain a new
theme and before wheezy the final theme would be chosen.

> But we could proceed as Julien proposed, like, if we know the scheduled
> freeze date one year in advance, we could set a deadline like a month
> before. Though that means knowing the freeze one year in advance, which
> might not be that easy.

I think one month is too short of a time, 6 months might be more appropriate.

> Anyway, it's noted that the “late freeze uploads” even for desktop-base
> aren't really the best solution, so we'll try the next time to do it
> differently, as far as we can.

Cool.

--
bye,