Re: Proposal: New icons theme cool! Fwd: Tema de icones legal para o novo Debian?

On mar., 2010-08-03 at 10:27 -0400, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> Too bad, since this theme does look truly beautiful.

It looks mostly “brown”. And having a complete set is more important
than few good looking icons (which is a matter of taste anyway, I don't
find them that beautiful, tbh).

There are already complete (or so) fd.o compliant icon themes in Debian,
at least Tango and Oxygen. Both look quite polished imho (with a bit
more eye candy for Oxygen maybe) and both look good in GTK+ and Qt
environments.

On mar., 2010-08-03 at 19:32 +0200, jEsuSdA 8) wrote:
> I think the better customization package aviable are the Shiki Color themes.
>
> There are Icons, GTK/Themes, Wallpapers, GDM Themes... it is great.
>
> Maybe it could be consider to use shiki themes as a default ones.
>
> What do you think?

I'm not exactly against defining a default set of themes, but I'm not
sure choosing an existing theme will have any value. The whole point
would be to have some differentiation. If someone presents a whole set
of wallpaper, GTK+, Qt, icons, wm theme, all consistent for a Squeeze
artwork, it might make sense. Just reusing random themes from the
internet won't help.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis