Re: Debian desktop support for virtualisation

Le jeudi 24 juin 2010 à 19:18 +0100, Roger Leigh a écrit :
> schroot is commonly used for this task, and I'm adding a "desktop"
> configuration profile, which I'd like to work "out of the box" to
> allow desktop applications to run inside a chroot.  More detail
> is given below, and in the full bug report.
>
> Basically, I'd like to add whatever pieces are needed from the
> host system, be it bind mounting filesystems, making sure
> the needed services are accessible, copying over configuration
> etc.  Anything that makes using a chroot more transparent and
> accessible to users is on the cards.  If anyone has already
> added customisations to schroot to make this work, sharing your
> configuration details would also be useful.

For GNOME, most things are done through X11 (with the root window),
D-Bus and GConf. This means you need:
      * a bunch of environment variables
      * /tmp for the X11 sockets, the session bus, GConf, seahorse and
        gnome-keyring
      * /var/run/dbus for the system bus
      * starting with gdm3, /var/run/gdm3 for the xauth file

You may also need (but I haven’t checked):
      * /var/run/cups for printing
      * /var/run/avahi-daemon
and some others that I’m forgetting.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.
: :' :      “Fuck you sir, don’t be suprised when you die if