Re: Getting ratpoison window manager added to GDM's session chooser list

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On mar., 2010-01-12 at 22:18 +0000, Francis Russell wrote:
>> Looking forward to a response,
>
> So what's the problem with you shipping
> a /usr/share/xsession/ratpoison.desktop like all other desktop
> environment do (at least in Debian)?

Hi,

it's not my package for a start. I'm just the one reporting it as a bug
to try to get it fixed. As for the ratpoison maintainer's issue with
/usr/share/xsessions, I have no idea. Unless I can find something to
demonstrate the menu-xdg thing isn't an appropriate mechanism, I doubt I
can change his mind. Unfortunately, I have no idea where the hell the
menu-xdg xsessions folder came from in the first place, or where it was
decided that xsession .desktop files would be placed in there which is
why I'm asking here.

Francis