Re: Deprecated images in 5.0.1.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:
On mer, 2008-10-01 at 22:37 -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it too much trouble to ask why the "deprecated" files were removed
> from desktop-base?  Google didn't turn up any discussion.

There wasn't. Fathi may have good reasons for this (room, for example),
which I don't know. Anyway, we can't keep all images from one version to
another because it'd grow enormous over time.

Not sure if there are other reasons. Fathi?

the rationale behind this changes are:
1) these files were deprecated 2 years ago.
2) since desktop-base 4.x (december 2006), we try to provide a _full artwork set_ including
bootloader, bootsplash, display managers, desktop splash and wallpapers.
We provide _default_ Debian artwork and random wallpapers doesn't fit in a full set.
3) As Yves-Alexis said, we can't keep all images in desktop-base.

I hope I have answered to your questions.

I didn't have discussed this change, probably a mistake...