Re: Debian GNU/Linux (kfreebsd anyone?) Lenny Desktop wishlist thread

On 4/14/07, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:
Sune Vuorela wrote:
> Package: desktop-base
> Depends: desktop-base-artwork, desktop-base-mountscripts,
> desktop-base-foo, ....
>
> ?

either i'm complely missing the point, or none of you have heard of hal
yet. it does automount devices when accessing them, but in debian, it's
disabled by default:

/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/debian-storage-policy-ignore-fixed-crypto-drives.fdi

removing the above file fails back to hal default, which is 'enabled' here.

(...)

I don't think that rule means "don't mount my $foo partition if I'm on
dual boot" due to the outer match key on volume.fsusage = crypto.
Thoughts?

Andre, are you installing a different hal policy in Debian-BR-CDD or what?

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com