Re: Rename desktop-base ? (Re: Debian GNU/Linux (kfreebsd anyone?) Lenny Desktop wishlist thread)

2007/4/13, Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org>:
On 4/13/07, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2007-04-13, Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org> wrote:
> > shouldn't add them into desktop-base though, since the user can decide
> > remove the automount feature (and the package) but keep with the
> > default artwork. Let us keep desktop-base for artwork and strict
> > related stuff and prepare a new source package.
>
> Package: desktop-base
> Depends: desktop-base-artwork, desktop-base-mountscripts,
> desktop-base-foo, ....

Hi Sune,

You raised a interesting point., maybe we should use desktop-base as a
transitional package moving its actual content to desktop-artwork (or
debian-desktop-art) and preparing a new desktop-mountscripts (or
debian-desktop-mount), to make sure we don't break Etch->Lenny
upgrades it could like:

Package: desktop-base
Depends: debian-desktop-art, debian-desktop-mount

desktop-base content: none.
debian-desktop-art: desktop-base as we've in Etch.
debian-desktop-mount: 'mount scripts' as pointed out previously to
cover 'auto mount known partitions'.

Other idea, how about a package "debian-desktop-settings" ? This package would set default configurations on debian desktop (mount scripts, gnome or kde configurations, etc.). Like:

desktop-base content: none.
debian-desktop-art: desktop-base as we've in Etch.
debian-desktop-settings: set default configurations of debian-desktop

Thoughts?

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com