Re: congratulations to all Debian contributors

Dom, 2007-04-15 às 14:08 -0700, jdaviestx@tx.rr.com escreveu:
> Tester of the Tecra M5 here - I was just repeating what I read on the official "cdrecord" website; the author disparaged the Debian packages, so I didn't look to see if they were there or not.

ok, so i will give you the news: cdrecord was forked in debian because
he has now non free license or other issues. Now it is called wodim.

>From cdrecord's description:

 This is a dummy package to ease the transition to wodim, the fork of
 cdrecord.  It provides a cdrecord symlink to wodim for compatibility
 purposes.  Please use wodim instead of cdrecord.

> BTW, I love Debian - been using it since Potato.  But this latest release is really amazing.

yes, true. I am just stating what i also read on other reviews and that
don't make the debian way of doing stuff and makes users have more work
to find stuff that is already in debian.

just to check, please do, with contrib and non-free enabled in
sources.list ( just add non-free contrib next to main )

apt-cache search 3945
you have kernel-module and a daemon to check when the wireless card is
on.

apt-cache search nvidia.

besides the nvidia drivers there is also all utilities.

I would like, if possible, you to test them.

i would also you to fill a bug against gdm because of the monitor issue.

use "reportbug gdm" from the command line.

Anyway, thank you for your review. It is nice to have hardware tested
with debian to ensure users that it works and warn them about possible
problems.

best regards

Luis atos