Re: Content related to KDE Desktop in Etch Release Notes

On 2007-03-23, Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org> wrote:
> On 3/19/07, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I would like to know if there is any relevant information (besides #400838,
>> KDE media handling) that should be documented in Etch's Release Notes related
>> to KDE.
>>
>> Specifically:
>>
>>  * are there any known or potential issues that should be
>>    documented when upgrading from KDE 3.3.2 (sarge) to KDE 3.5.5a (etch)?
>>
>>  * Should users with a heavily customised KDE desktop expect their desktop to
>>    remain unmodified after the upgrade?
>>
>>  * What benefits would users lose if they preserve the KDE configuration from
>>    sarge?
>>
>> Please submit any information you think should be documented as a bug to the
>> release-notes virtual package,
>>

> fathi ? pusling ?

Except the media handling there is not much known at least.

There might be issues with some kopete irc settings related to ssl - but
it might also only be between some intermediate versions.  It can be
solved by recreating the account.

There might also be one issue with highscores in some small game not
being preservered.

I haven't thoroughly tested it, so I can't go really into detials.

My own kde dir is from kde 3.2.* I think. But I haven't skipped kde3.4
in my personal upgrades.

/Sune