Re: Choice of default browser for etch

Well ... in one word: epiphany.

Why?

 - integrated with gnome.
 - faster
 - simple
 - People will use it like they use firefox, because it's behavior is
the same.
 - users who wish firefox/iceweasel can install it also.
 - the patch available (from the BR) seems to make sense.

firefox/iceweasel is a browser designed for other systems than *nix, not
using the shared libraries available. Therefor, it is slow and a dead
weight. Epiphany is well integrated with gnome and, has a gnome user, is
should be the default.
epiphany does not have the support for extensions, but it is better not
to have extensions than provide a slow browser to the users.

Users who wish can easily install iceweasel-gnome-support.